Saturday, August 05, 2006

Artitecture


Artitecture, originally uploaded by Neorelix.

I get a childlike pleasure from juxtaposing and superimposing two images through reflection to create a third verifiable composition. Like with this other picture taken ages ago - still one of my favourites. This afternoon my brother and I were walking down King's Parade where there are assorted touristy shops and galleries. I just caught this out of the corner of my eye and snapped it. The reflection is of King's College Gatehouse (with the chapel in the background) but I'm afraid I forgot to check the name of the artist. Maybe I'll pop back tomorrow and credit her. Is that sexist or intuitive of me - assuming it's a woman...? The vivacity of the colours and the fluidity and grace of the lines can only be evidence of the heightened aesthetic sensibilities of a feminine judgement surely...;p