Sunday, September 10, 2006

Always Time for a Beer


Dale's, originally uploaded by Neorelix.

Almost as sad as seeing a pub closed and now a private house is seeing what was once an independent brewery shut. This one is a landmark at the end of Gwydir Street and is now home to assorted small shops and offices. At least the building remains lending great texture to the area. It's one of my favourite in this neck of the woods - not because it's particularly beautiful but because it is so... solid. It's a curiously serious building for one created to make one of the most fun products... And, of course, I love the clock. I pass it on my way to coffee from the new digs. Since the telephone company unsurprisingly cocked up my internet connection until next week I'm having to gratefully use the free Wifi at CB2. Gotta love that place!