Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mystery History


CF, originally uploaded by Neorelix.

I wandered over to the river near Coe Fen a couple of days ago in response to an email asking about this building. It's been here for as long as I can remember - recollections of teenage hours spent smokin' and drinkin' here on the banks of the cam after exams etc... the usual stuff - fun times, halcyon days. But I can't find out what it was and who built it and so I thought I'd open it up to the cambridge regulars who visit - you guys usually come up with the goods. Otherwise I'll have to head to the library and I owe them so much money....

A cool side-effect of this was the introduction to the photos of the emailer, John Wall - they're great and highly recommended. Here's his original picture of this ancient gazebo when it was slightly less ancient or just go straight to his front page front page and explore.