Saturday, March 17, 2007

Shazbat.


Mullard, originally uploaded by Neorelix.

Spent hours today being a rock nerd and compiling my favourite 100 tracks of the Rock Era. How lame is that? So having done that and put them all on the mp3 player I had to get out of the house. I put it on the car stereo and drove, singing loudly and with great vocal prowess, a few miles outside Cambridge to a non-village called Lord's Bridge (near Haslingfield) where the Mullard Radio Astronomy Observatory is based. I'm always fascinated by the arrays they have there and today I stopped and took this shot of one of the antennae. Here's the google satellite of them all. Although interesting, astronomy's way over this commentator's head but it is reassuring to know that these silent sentinels are scanning the skies (overdoing the alliteration a tad) for alien activity...

The list, sadly in alphabetical order because the system overthrew me, is here. I know – you disagree with my choices. But I'm ok with that...

Nanu nanu.