Sunday, August 31, 2008

S.T.S


So we're back to the Standard Tourist Shot; but sometime's that's not so bad. Seeing the everyday in new ways can be a good thing. In literature, and especially theological literature, it's all about the alternative interpretation of texts (and art etc) - I just thinking of it as reinventing the door. Of course, that has nothing to do with this shot which is a pretty standard view of the "Wedding Cake" cupola of New Court, St John's College. Of course, those pesky, crazy Night Climber chappies of the 30s reinvented it as a Matterhorn...

Fancy some Sweet Potato Redfish with Kumquat? It's being prepared over here on the other blog. Well, when I say 'prepared' I mean the recipe from the 30-days-from-arrival, earth-shatteringly good, sit-down-and-read-in-one-sitting, even-made-me-laugh-and-cry Mystic Pig novel is being posted for you to make and invite me round to try...

Oh, and later in the week we'll have that whole hermeneutics razzle dazzle on the table... I'm sure you won't want to miss that heh

S'later