Friday, September 05, 2008

Did I Mention...


...that the Imperial War Museum, Duxford is celebrating the airfield's 90th anniversary with an enormous and fantastic airshow this weekend? I guess I may have done. I'm not on commission or anything, honest. I just think that educationally, historically and entertainingly, it's the best show in town and well worth the time. Also, there's a free bus from Cambridge Station throughout the day. And those pesky kids are free. You can even get a ride in a Tiger Moth fer cryin'out loud! And you can guarantee there'll be no mushroom soup in the overhead compartment...

Now, if you showed me a movie where someone a) Took mushroom soup on an international flight; b) the soup leaked out of the compartment and c) dripped on the one person in the world allergic to Baxter's Wild Mushroom Potage who d) happened to be on the same flight, let alone under the drip - I'd walk out claiming you'd taken suspense of disbelief a million miles too far...

What I also don't quite believe is that we're actually publishing the debut novel of award-winning poet Richard Katrovas. But it's true - the book's at the printer as we speak. You can read how this publishing fairy tale came to pass here. The first chapter is being posted there. Or go to the book's page here.