Friday, July 28, 2006

Face Off


Face Off, originally uploaded by Neorelix.

The building today's detail is taken from, Cintra House (early 1800s), is just down the road my new apartment. I was walking back from there the other day and noticed that the building directly opposite, Terrington House, had been refurbished with reference to its classical lines (especially when you see it used to look like this). It may be in my imagination but they seem to work well together - the youngster paying respect to its elder... Well - it makes a change to me complaining about progress in the city. Apparently the romantic-style design of the facade (added 1860-65) could be influenced by Sintra in Portugal which has many romantic-style buildings. Anyway, I just liked it because this image reminds me of a joke involving two statues given life for a day, and a pigeon...