Thursday, July 27, 2006

Greencroft's Day?


N+I, originally uploaded by Neorelix.

Today's slice of Cambridge is from a local shop window. The shop, Nobby & I, has been around for ages and does what it says on the tin - custom framing of anything you want hoisted on a wall. It's on a small quiet street that has mews running off it and it leads from New Square down to Midsummer Common - ostensibly named after the annual fair that has gathered there around Midsummer's Day (a certain DPBlogger's birthday...) since 1211. However, researching this I find that apparently it's also called Greencroft. Who knew? Anyway, liked the curious symmetry of this picture despite being unable to lose the reflection of a door behind me which leaves the hazy whiteness in the middle. And yes, sadly I did position my feet there deliberately. Why don't they tan..?