Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Carved in Silence


After yesterday's unmitigated glee I thought we could all slow down and be a little contemplative today. I love this shot - the texture leaps out; it's like you could touch it. The statue stands in the Mill Road cemetery - an amazing slice of tranquility inches from one of the busiest roads in the city. It's a good place to relax and spend your lunch hour - if the sun ever comes out that is. Sadly the angel is a little damaged - one of her wings has been snapped off; she could actually be fallen...

But I'm still gleeful about the Pig of course. I can't help myself. Especially now that people have already started getting on board, emailing me and asking for copies to be reserved for them. Itellya, we're going to take this little pig to market in a big way :-p On the other blog I'm relating the fortuitous tale of Mystic Pig's provenance - check it out: