Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Classics All...



So my car's back - thankfully. But my printer's on the blink. And the smugness of using linux ebbs away as everything I try fails to work. I don't understand why it will print everything but some of the horizontal lines in a table... And then it won't print anything until you power off and on again. I'm of the firm belief that every problem in life can be fixed by either Vitamin C or WD40. I'll try one then the other and let you know...


On the Oleander front, we're going to be bringing out some classic London crime titles from the 20s and 30s next year. We're starting off with The Charing Cross Mystery and then moving on, in no particular order, to The Doctor of Pimlico by Le Queux, Henry Holt's Mayfair Mystery, Sprigg's Fatality in Fleet Street and Jenkins' Malcolm Sage, Detective - to name just a few likelies. If you have any ideas for the series let me know - they just have to be pre-1950. The editor for the series is Richard Reynolds of Heffers here in Cambridge, CWA Dagger judge and all-round literary crime know-it-all so we're in good hands :) - I'm looking forward to the period covers - handled by Fitzwilliam Museum graphic designer Ayshea Carter.

And finally - and importantly, one of Wildheart's authors is giving away a book on Amazon today. You can grab yourself a steamy, supernatural short by going to either the Kindle UK or US stores. Enjoy!